As the nights are starting to draw in and the days are getting colder we have been switching up our eye looks with a touch of gentle moonlight.
To create this look we used the often overlooked Provence i-shadow palette.
Unlike the strong silver tones in the Aspen Palette, Provence has a gentle warmth to its metallic quads, making it more flattering for brown eyes and coaxing out the golden and grey tones in bluer eyes.
- I-colour Twilight
- I-shadow Provence
*If you are creating the stronger version of this look we recommend that you build your eye shadow before you apply the base layer to your face, and that way any wayward powder residue is easily wiped away.
Creating the look
- First prime your eye with our multi-functional i-prime.
- The next step depends on how much shine and shimmer you are looking for in your look.
- The general rule of thumb is cream and then powder so for a true moonlight shimmer, use i-colour Twilight as an eye shadow primer, and using your finger or a small powder brush, take the colour gentle across the eye from lash line up until the crease of the socket.
- If you are creating more of a day look then use the soft matte nude in the bottom corner of your Provence palette in the same way, blending from lash line and up into your eye socket crease.
- Next add some highlight to open your eyes up. Dab a little of the palest tone (top left) from the palette in the middle under your brow and blend. Then take the same colour and dab a little on the side of your nose in the inside corner where it meets your eye.
- Using an eyeshadow brush, pat the warmth into your Twilight base or the shimmer up onto your nude powder shadow base, by using the warm silver metallic in the top right of your Provence quad. As mentioned, adding powder to cream will set the cream shadow helping this look last long into the night.
- Next, take an angled eye shadow brush and use the darkest colour as a liner along your upper and lower lash line. Gradually build the colour up by pressing the colour into your lash until you have achieved your desired level of “smoke”.
- If you want an even more dramatic look, at this point you can use the Kohl end of your i-flick to further define your water line and the waterproof pen to draw along your upper lash and create a flick.
- Finally finish this look by applying a couple of layers of our award winning lengthening mascara i-flutter.